Friday, November 30, 2012

First real blast of winter

We Whitehern gals met today at the Baltimore House on King Williams.  It is just a few doors down from the Sky Dragon.  Grace picked me up as I did not know where it was.

We had a two and a half hour lunch.  The food and the ambience was great and as usual, we were a rowdy bunch!

I took a couple of pictures just to mark the occasion and also told them about the possibility of a jewellery party after the winter with a talent show.  They were very enthusiastic about that so I think I will plan for it.  I hope my friend Mary from Toronto can come and bring her clown act as well as my writer friends will share some of their great work.

It gives me plenty of time to make some beautiful designs.

The snow started to fall lightly as we were eating but it came down much heavier when we were ready to leave.  I decided to walk home as I wanted to go to the health food store to get some passionflower tea makings as that seems to help me to sleep.

I bought some to share for one of the gals at the Club to try out and will bring it when the weather breaks and it is not so slippery underfoot.

At one point, my cane was slipping on a slope and a young fellow I had talked to briefly outside of the restaurant happened to come along, and he offered me his arm and I took it.

I was most greatful for that support.  I find the walker much better for getting around as even if you fall, the fall will be broken somewhat with the walker.

In spite of the weather, it was a great time we gals had with lots of laughs and chuckles.

I liked the wait staff at the Baltimore and plan to go again at some point.  It is not accessible from what I can see though.  I could not bring my walker as there are stairs there.

All in all, a fantastic and happy day.

Thanks for dropping by.



No comments: