Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Secret

I would like to share a poem which was written by Ralph Cushman and which has influenced me most of my life.  I bought this wonderful old book when I was in my early thirities at a rummage sale at Greenborough Community Church in Toronto, Ontario.

THE SECRET

I met God in the morning,
When my day was at its best;
And His presence came like sunrise
With a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me;
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brough to us both peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I, too, had loosed the moorings.
With the Presence left behind.

So I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way;
You must seek Him in the morning,
If you want Him through the day.

(c)Ralph Cushman

Published by Zondervan Publishing House
Grand Rapids, Michigan.


What a powerful message this poet has left us human beings. I tried to research to see if he was still alive but was not able to find out.  

All I can say to him for writing such a profound poem, is thank you!



No comments: