Thursday, April 21, 2011

Polishing silver today!

What a job!  I've been so busy with jewellery making and writing that I have neglected my work at home except for the basic cleaning which I never neglect!

 I love silver and its gleam, especially in candlelight with soft music playing in the background.  I guess I am an incurable romantic which is not a bad thing to be at all!

Picture a nicely laid table, two beautiful silver candlesticks with mauve candles, silver coffee and tea set at the ready and an English sandwich/sweet server and you will see what I am talking about.

Gracious living is so good for people.  I used to set the table every Friday night when the children were small and it is such a good memory for them to have.  We took time out from our busy lives and just enjoyed each others company, and the ambience of the beautifully laid table.  My daughter used to pick field flowers for the centerpiece

I hope that this style will come back in for the young people, as it costs very little money and makes such good memories for young families.

Perhaps that is a poem waiting to be written, who knows?

Have a good day and tonight I am going to listen to a friend of mine sing in Spanish.  I'm sure she will do well.

Thanks for reading my blog.  Still haven't mastered the other one so may just stick to what I know and forget about putting pictures on until I can figure out how to pay without using a credit card.

No comments: