Sunday, June 8, 2014

Church picnic today

Rosie picked me up down town and then we went to  pick up her son David.  There was a mix up and David was down town waiting at my apartment.  Fortunately I had my cell phone with me and was able to connect with him so he walked up to meet us.

After that was all straightened out, we proceeded to Germania Park which I think is in Binbrook.  It is very lovely there.  It was a shared picnic of the Lutheran churches in Hamilton so there were quite a few people there.  The Pastors all took part in the service which was nice as well.

It was an interesting morning/afternoon.  For sale for lunch was German sausage or hot dogs which included potato salad and the normal toppings such a sauerkraut, mustard, relish, ketchup.  For desert one could purchase home made cakes.  They priced everything extremely reasonable.  I bought a hot dog and had some potato salad and then bought some cake.  I had prepared some food to share with others but had a little left over so will have it for supper.

After the lunch, it was children's games and we were most fortunate that the rain held off long enough for the event to be almost over.

It was great to see everybody again, some people I did not know but many others I did and everybody was so friendly.

In my opinion, it was a successful picnic in spite of the cold weather.  We needed jackets on for sure.

I took a few shots just of the water and the trailers parked there.

We were seated near this railing as most of the people were for the church service and the meal

There was a young family with an infant in the gazebo to the right  and it was so nice to watch them care for the little one.

This is a partial view of the trailers which are parked there.  

More shots of more trailers
It seems that people live there for the summer.  There were two buildings which look like community halls, one of which we used.

Very organized and very clean, but they are a German organization and that is normally how German people usually are.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: