Sunday, March 3, 2013

We aim to please (sometimes)

A friend of mine called me and said that she missed seeing pictures on this blog.

She gave me some suggestions what I could photograph just here at home so I took a picture or two and here they are.


Boots, my one remaining cat - 19 years of age

Two very cute hand crafted dolls which I bought at St. John's Bazaar

My blue candle holder with "friends"

As you can see, I am very fond of blue.  Each year, I change the colours in the sitting room to suit the season.   For Christmas it is red and green - mostly candles, for fall, it is an amber colour and for in between it is blue.

It makes a nice change, without spending any money except to buy the things originally.

It is amazing how colours can affect moods - in my case I love happy colours such as orange, red, yellows, greens etc. etc. etc.

Everybody has their different things that brighten up their day - for some it might be a chat on telephone with an old and valued friend, others it may be going out to visit a friend, while others may find shopping therapeutic.

We humans are complex - what works for me, may not work for you.  Life is trial and error and that makes it a challenge to find common grounds which please the majority of people.

A tall order, don't you think?

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: