Monday, March 18, 2013

A pleasant Saturday night

I had invited two young friend's of mine to the club for dinner.  We had the works and had a marvellous time.  I met them when I first came to Hamilton and they have been true and steady friends since that time.

Carmen and Wally are very special to me and it is a rare occasion that we can get together and just enjoy conversation.  This was one such event.

I took them around the club to show them the different rooms and the paintings and then we went in for supper.  We were alone in the dining room for quite some time which was very nice - so restful and we could talk about so many different subjects without the need to keep our voices down.

Later on, we were joined by two other people who sat at another table a little further from us.

We were having such a good time that we didn't leave till 8:50.

They just loved it there, Carmen felt it was like going into another world.

Such a pleasant way to spend a Saturday evening, with close friends and good food!

Thanks for dropping in.


Some pictures with comments below:

Carmen and Wally




Such a wonderful young couple, proof that marriage can work even with different cultural backgrounds.


Just to have a memory, I took a picture of the three main courses we had.  It doesn't look like much but it is a lot of food.  We also had salad before and desert and coffee after.





Mine did not turn out as the picture was very blurry. I think I stood too close to it.  However, it was scrumptious!

It is a good thing I don't eat like this very often though.  It is very rare that I go to the Club on a Saturday evening.  






No comments: