Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas at Gore Park 2012


Merry Go Round - last year some teenagers I know enjoyed a ride on this Merry Go Round.  It was a fun day for all - the parents included.


 
Train ride anyone?  I believe it is free but you must be a youngster to go on it.
Letters to Santa - have you written yours yet?  Time is getting short!
 

The new train  - it was parked at this time.

Gore Park fountain

The tree of Hope

 
The raindeer and Santa's sleigh

An angel between the two fur trees


The reason for the season




A view of King Street at Gore Park - no snow but very cold


This is what procrastination gets you - fingers frozen as they snap shops at Gore Park, Shivers throughout your frame as the winds whip your coat and find even the most protected part of you and play havoc with your inner warming system.

Why do I say procrastination?  I have a reason,  Every time I would pass the park and see the decorations up, I would not have my camera with me.  Each day (in the warmer days) I would remind myself to get out and get some pictures.  Finally, yesterday I remembered my camera and took the shots.

In the meantime, the weather had changed drastically - windy, cold and dull.

However, once my mind is set to do something, 99% of the time it gets done.

As a result, once again at Christmas time, I present Gore Park in downtown Hamilton, Ontario.  Come visit us, Hamilton has many spots of beauty. friendly people, good eating spots and hotels, bed and breakfast places and many cultural events such as plays, musical entertainment, poetry readings, art galleries with very creative work and many fantastic walking trails.  Our waterfront is excellent and is well used in the warmer months.  Hardy people use it for skating, I have been told.

Thanks for dropping in.  Hope you enjoyed this little presentation about Christmas at Gore Park.  Please drop in again when you have the time.


 

No comments: