Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A letter poem

Boots and Tiger


Dear Mistress:

I, Miss Tiger Cat, have a just complaint
But will you listen?

You ignore me, don’t pat me
Never brush me.
I rub against your leg
You rebuff me, I slink away

My mats stand out like flags
Dandruff falls like snowflakes, leaves a trail
My stench is unbearable.

I cannot run away from myself
I cannot shed my skin like a snake
It would be shameful to be seen naked
Who would want me then?

My litter box is a disgrace
In short, it stinks for weeks on end.
I ask you now, WHY AM I SO UNJUSTLY TREATED?
I have feelings too!

I KNOW, I’ll start a union.
‘KATS RULE” will be its name
Down with humans!
We’ll march on all four paws to Ottawa
Take over the country!

We are black, white, orange, grey
We are ALL one in solidarity.
We’ll change our world, one human at a time-
Starting with you, my unthinking mistress!

“KATS RULE” – NEVER FORGET IT!


Copyright©WilmaSeville2012


Bloggers Note:  Iearned how to write a letter poem at a literary festival I attended.  This is the result.  I hope you will have a good chuckle out of this poem. Needless to say, my own cats are well cared for and this is just from my imagination.

















No comments: