Friday, January 16, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend.


I would imagine that most people look forward to the weekend, especially if they work all week long!

As a retired person, the weekend does not mean as much to me as it did when I was still working.

This weekend, I have two lovely things to look forward to. I am getting a ride to both of them. I would not go otherwise, as waiting for a bus in this frigid weather would not be a healthy choice for me. All of Canada right now is in a winter cold snap and Hamilton is no exception.
I ventured out today, but just to the mall which is only about 5 minutes away. I needed to be around people again. I also stocked up on some food as they are calling for snow on the weekend.

I only bumped into one person I know, Herbert, but did not intrude as he was sitting with some friends at Pam's Coffee Shop in the Food Court.

A brief wave, a smile and I was off to the library to return some videos, then on to other bits of shopping.

I am so fortunate to live so close to the mall. In the winter, it is somewhere to go without getting too cold, in the summer, it is airconditioned!

It's a great mall with some interesting shops in it. Unfortunately, some of the higher end shops have left the mall but it still remains a good place to go to people watch and do little bits of shopping.

Ah, the weekend, two nice events to look forward to with two friends. How lucky can one be!
In fact, there were three things to look forward to, but one I would have had to take a bus to so that cancelled that idea. I went to Dundas last year and really felt the cold and decided against going again this year.
What a real blessing it is to be retired, to have friends and family who care, and to have life!
Have a great day!

No comments: