Monday, May 7, 2018

I am almost back to normal now, thankfully!

The weather here is also getting better and there is no snow anywhere around here!

In fact, it has been warm enough to go outside with just a sweater - some people are even just wearing sleeveless tops!

I was looking through old picture books today and found this picture of me at age 30.  I look very serious there, don't I?


I also found some other pictures which I will share.

This gentleman was my fiance.  We were engaged for four and a half years many years ago.  He came to Canada when he was 21 and I was 18 and we met through a mutual German friend and her husband.  We got along very well, but my parents at that time did not like the fact he was from another country and put a stop to it.  I was under twenty one at that time (18) and legally they could forbid me to see him. A lawyer's letter was sent to him which frightened him as he was new in the country.  He left Montreal and moved to Vancouver and years later, once I was 21, we reunited.    Suffice it to say, he was a good person but he passed away in Germany at age 65 in 2004.  He will always have a place in my heart.  

A more formal picture of Georg taken in Germany about 20 years after he returned to Germany.



Georg & Wilma   


It was sad that my parents split us up as we would have had a good life together as we got along very well.  Mind you, they thought they were doing the best for me.



We all make misakes. I have made plenty myself so have no right to judge.

Thanks for dropping by on the trip down memory lane.

Please drop in again at some point.

No comments: