Thursday, May 18, 2017

I'm back!

This is somewhat belated, but perhaps you may find it interesting.


After 3 1/2 months in the hospital, I finally have returned to my little nest.   This happened in the middle of September  2016.

I had tears in my eyes as I left St. Joe's Villa as they had been very good to me and looked after me very well and I had become very fond of the staff there.  My son picked me up and took me grocery shopping as everything would have gone bad in the fridge after all that time away from home.

It was great to be home but took a bit of adjusting to as I now was on my own except for the Occupation Therapist who was allowed only three visits.

I was not allowed under OHIP (our Ontario health system) to have a Practical Support Worker  come in to assist me in personal things which made life quite difficult for a few months until I was able to walk around better.  Of course, I could have hired somebody to come in but that would cost quite abit of money.    I still  remained in a wheelchair for one more month at home but thankfully, I am good again to use my walker and do everything myself.  The time of doing  this blog is now May 18th 2017 so it is just to catch up.

I completely forgot that I had this in my draft folder so here it is now.

Enjoy your day.



 

No comments: