Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Visit to Kitchener

The ride up was very smooth and there was very little traffic at 10:30 a.m.  I love the scenery the way this bus goes.  From Toronto it is straight highway but from Hamilton it goes through Dundas and many other smaller places until it reaches Cambridge and then Kitchener.

I actually saw horses in a field and some crops planted as the bus meandered its way through the many little towns.  I enjoy looking at the houses and how people decorate their front lawns for the summer.  The grass was very green and healthy looking and it was the perfect time of year to go there.

Happily, it was also a cooler day with not too much humidity so it was very enjoyable to travel.  The bus is air conditioned as are the Kitchener city buses but I am glad that I did not go during the intense heat!

They live on the outskirts of Kitchener now more towards the Guelph side and so we don't go down town much any more.  I do miss that as there are several shops I like there.

I suggested to Billy when we met at the bus station in Kitchener that we go out to lunch (my treat) to Arby's which is near them.  I called Anna to ask her to meet us there and she got there before we did!

They have a lovely fresh market sandwich with curly fries which is delicious and very filling.  We all had that, plus drinks.

After that we walked back to their place and had a nice visit.  I had brought them some new water bottles and several other things which would be useful to them.

Billy took me back down town in time for the 4:30 bus and I got back to Hamilton by 6:05 which was great.  No traffic, smooth ride.

Today I am expecting company for lunch and will look forward to another visit.

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: