Thursday, December 3, 2009

A rainy Thursday

Rain, rain go away
Come back some other day!

Sun, sun, I need your rays
To brighten me up in many ways!

As you can see, it is a rainy day here in Hamilton!

I am in the midst of decorating for Christmas which means taking down all the regular ornaments, washing them, putting them in boxes, polishing the furniture and then putting up the Christmas things.

Boxes, boxes everywhere!

It is good to have a change of ornamentation in the home. Gives it a fresh new look and promotes a very harmonious atmosphere with all the reds and greens set around the room. Candles are my joy, especially the scented one and there will be plenty of them around as well.

I save them from year to year, as I do all my ornaments.

I plan to work on my story "Sally's Blanket" today as well, as Lit Chat is coming up soon.

I wrote this story in the 1980's when I was doing street work in Toronto. I am updating it a little bit and cutting the length of it as well. It has taken on a life of its own as I get more emerged in it. Brings back so many memories, some good and some not so good of the people I met at that time.

I remember when I worked at the desk in the Friendship Room and two big guys came in. In my eyes, they looked like "The Hulk" both of them. They handed me large sturdy knives to keep for them until they left the hall. They were very nice to me but I sure would not want to have tangled with them and those knives!

It's funny what one can remember by writing about it. I had completely forgotten about that.

Ah well, another time, another life....

Now back to the present and decorating. It should look very nice when it is all finished!








It is a little hard to get motivated on a rainy day.

No comments: