Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day blessings

I was reflecting on what a blessing for me that I have children, even though they are all grown up and no longer need me as they did before.

How different my life would have been without them. I think I would have missed a great deal and I am so thankful to have them in my life.

Life was really hard, bringing them up by myself, but through it all, God provided me with a job and the strength to do that job. For that I am so grateful. It is extremely hard to be both mother and father to children, but we were blessed with so many good and close friends throughout the years and they were always there for us, even in the difficult times.

My heart is full of gratitude for the love of God in my life and the love of my family and friends.



Ken is away on his Army duty this weekend and, of course, Anna and Billy live in Kitchener.

I am not only the mother of two grown up children, I am blessed with Billy, my son-in-law and also Ameen, Ibrahim, Ahmad as my "sons".

It is such a privilege to hold such a spot in the hearts of these wonderful people.

I feel so blessed and fortunate.

No comments: