Saturday, May 23, 2015

Busy but nice day

I was up at 4:30 a.m. and happily for me, I was able to go to Bibles & Bagels ladies group today at 9 a.m.  I just love going there and am so happy when I am able to go.

It was very rewarding and a good sharing time with the ladies.

After that, it was the memorial service for Lindsey Holton at the Club.  So many people came from all walks of life.  He was a very well liked person.  Family members spoke about him and people wrote nice cards telling the family of their memory of him as well.

As usual, the club had delicious food to eat and although they served wine, I had my usual water.

Got home about 4:30 and heard music in the park so went out to investigate.  It was lovely singing and the weather was just right.  It was a religious group who did mostly singing.  I thoroughly enjoyed it although it might have been better if they turned the sound down a little bit as I saw one of the ladies from my building come over and speak to one of the organizers about the sound level.

Every summer we have the same problem - it is just too loud.  I did enjoy it very much though.

I had some sad news today, one of my friends had to go to emergency this morning and another friend just had cancer confirmed and will need an operation.

I could not believe that the hospital did not keep my friend in at least overnight but they sent her home with the promise of a nurse to come in each day to treat the problem.

They don't seem to be able to get to the bottom of the problem - it has been going on for a long time but with no solution.

As you can imagine, I am deeply concerned for both of my dear friends and will hold them up in prayer.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: