Monday, November 3, 2014

What a lovely Sunday it was

It was the 11 o'clock service and I went to St. John's.  It was a special day as it was All Souls Day and people who had lost loved ones could come up and light a candle to remember them. There have have 14 deaths this year at the church and each name was read out by the pastor.

After the service, we went downstairs for coffee and I sat with my friend Rosie who is not feeling well at this time.

After that, my Chinese friends came to sit with me and together with my Indonesian friends, we all went down to Ottawa Street to look around.

Only a few shops were open - mostly shops selling antiques.

We then decided to go to a real Chinese food place and eat there. The menu was in Cantonese with small English translations under each item.

The portions were huge, and I ate as much as I could, then brought the rest home. I already had one plateful this morning and then perhaps tomorrow I will finish it off.

The Chinese ladies came up to my apartment with me and stayed for a short visit.

All in all, a very nice visit with four friends.


No comments: