Sunday, September 2, 2012

Lunch with Gayle, then Princess Point

What a delightful time we had together.  Lunch at the Pheasant Plucker and then Princess Point after that.  She remembers Princess Point when she was a tad younger with picnics and gatherings.

We took lots of pictures and she was quite delighted to rediscover this hidden treasure of Hamilton.

Hidden only because people don't think of going there to enjoy nature.

It is very accessible by the Aberdeen bus (No. 6) or by car.  If you are a member of the RBG it is free parking, otherwise you have to pay.  Since normally I go by bus there is no worry about parking for me and my friend has a membership with RBG so she did not have to pay.

We spent several hours down there chatting and enjoying the serenity of the place.  We met an older couple who lived on the mountain. I think it may have been their first time there.  By their accent, I believe they may be Dutch.

We met families with small dogs, families with big dogs and fathers fishing with their sons - all just enjoying the wonderful weather and the time together.

A wilder section

My pal Gayle

Myself
 I will also post a picture of Ava, the dog I dogsat for two days.  She is a real doll and we got along just fine.  We went for walks together and I explored the neighbourhood a little bit.  I really like that area.

Quiet and residential.  The only problem that I see if one lived there is that the bus only runs every half hour during the week and then every hour on the weekends.  Except for the bus service, I wouldn't mind living there at all.

I had a great day.  Thanks for dropping by.







No comments: