Monday, October 8, 2012

Thanksgiving Sunday, October 7, 2012

I went to St. John's as the service was at 11 a.m. instead of the summer hours.  It was a lovely service and the church was decorated to reflect the fall colours as well as a good harvest.  It was nice to see everybody again as well.

Food brought in to decorate will also be used later to help those in need in the community

A view of the main alter

One of the many wreaths hanging in the windows

It was so nice to see people again.  I had a lovely chat with Kathy and heard all her news.  All in all, a very positive experience being there.

Rosel dropped me at my place and I puttered around until it was time to take the bus to my son's place.  I like his new apartment and it is slowly getting finished.  It will give him some privacy and his "own space" for the foreseeable future.

I love the area there as it is strictly families.  The only disadvantage is that the bus only runs every half hour to downtown and after six p.m. only every hour.  He bought himself a new bike and now rides most places instead of walking.  He seems very happy which makes me happy!

It was Lit Live last night but by the time I got back from supper, I was too tired to go out again so had a very early night. 

At this time of writing, early Monday morning, I plan to make pida bread and get ready for my dinner invitation to Rosel's place.  I am so spoiled but I love it!  I also have a few interesting things coming up this week.  Super with Rosel today, tomorrow night, an interview on a Vancouver radio station regarding my poetry, and then an invitation to Sam's for supper on Wednesday.

A good week shaping up!

Thanks for dropping by and come again when you feel like it.


 

No comments: