Friday, October 26, 2012

LINCOLN ALEXANDER

Today I watched the funeral procession  for "Linc" from my window.  It was very impressive and many people were on the street lining the way.

The funeral will be held at the Hamilton Convention Center right near me.  There are 1,000 places available for the public. It is first come, first served.

CHCH, our Hamilton television station, will be covering the funeral and I plan on watching it.

I have heard that it is to be a celebration of his life and achievements with many dignitaries attending.  The last time I saw him and his wife Marni was for Shirley Elford's funeral which was held at Liuna Station.  I had the opportunity of holding the door open for them.  They both thanked me for doing that. Very gracious people.

I shall miss seeing him around Jackson Square in his nifty scooter.  He also was an honourary member of the Hamilton Club. 

To see more of his accomplishments, please google his name. 

Linc was a beloved statesman, good family man, member of Steward Memorial Church and achieved so much in his 90 years of living on this earth.

May he rest in peace.

No comments: