Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My heart is breaking

My twenty year old cat, Boots, who has lived with us for 17 years, had to be put to sleep early this evening at Beattie Animal Hospital on the mountain.

We adopted him from the pound when he was 3 years old.

They were really great at that hospital.  I stayed with him, as did my son, until he passed away which was very, very quickly - he just fell asleep with no pain.

He is now the last of all my dear animals who have lived with me over a long period of time.

I somehow don't think, at my age, I will undertake the care of another animal.  If I did, it would be a senior cat but even then I have my doubts.

Left - Boots, Right  Tiger   (both deceased now)
Boots - the inquisitive one.

He loved to do that

Boots, and in fact, all the animals that have lived with me over the past fifty or sixty years were loved and cared for.

Tiger died about two years ago at another branch of the same hospital and tonight, Boots died peacefully.

Thank you for dropping by.  Cherish your pets, your family and your friends, one never knows how long they will be with you.


No comments: