Thursday, February 4, 2016

Day one of the loss of Boots

Today was a very difficult day.  I looked for him on his two favourite spots, thought I heard him meowing, waited for him to follow me into the kitchen, but alas, that will never happen again.

When I am upset, I clean everything within an inch of its life.

I did not go to singing this afternoon nor will I go to the writing group tomorrow.  Just too sad to be around people.

My friend Rosemary needed some help with her i-pad so I went downstairs and brought some of Boots' cat food for her cat Allie Cat.  Just as I was leaving, I pointed out where I had left the bag of cat food and she asked me why I was giving it to her cat and as I was leaving, I told her Boots was dead and then closed the door and left as fast as I could.

I cannot talk about it yet in person.  Seventeen years is a long time to have had the company of such a good cat, one who was loving and acted almost like a dog in so many ways.

Time will help heal but in the meantime I will not go among people very much.

My friend Mohammad wanted to take me out for coffee but I did not want to go anywhere.  It was nice of him to try and get me out of the house.

My son called just to make sure I was all right and of course, Boots and him go back 17 years as well so it is hard on him.  My daughter and her husband Bill, also feel very bad about his death as they loved him as well.

Boots was a much loved cat not only by me and my family but friends of ours as well.

May he rest in peace.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: