Friday, February 13, 2015

Canvassing experiences

Eyes cast down, they scurry past me lest I have a chance to ask them for a donation for the Foundation I am canvassing for.

Some (at least two so far) have broken out in a run and rushed down the ramp in order to avoid my little table.

It is amazing how many skills people use to avoid coming face to face with a request for donations!

I am thankful for the ones who have stopped and donated cash.  Most of them did not want receipts.

I may have to resort to going door to door but I am not thrilled to do that as I don't enjoy knocking on people's doors.  I also have canvassed on Facebook and also to friends who have emails so hopefully that may bring in some money for the Foundation.

It is a good thing that I have a thick skin and don't take it personally.

Human nature sure is interesting!




THIS COMMENT CAME IN TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS:

Many thanks for your kind spirit and time Wilma. Reaching out to others to remind them how fortunate they are is so important. Many of us live a drive by life and forget to practice gratitude for our health. If everyone gives something small or large it will make a difference.  I'm so proud to call you my friend.  Thank you SO MUCH ❤️

Linda



































































































No comments: