Saturday, June 16, 2018

Lots of nice things going on right now

Last Saturday Jennifer picked me up at the back door and we went to ArtWord/Artbar for the launch of another Tower Poetry Book.  I was one of the readers of my poem "Ali". 

I was afraid that I may have lost my touch with speaking before an audience, but I was fine and felt very comfortable doing so.

My poem was not an uplifting poem but rather dealt with a very sad event in my life. 

I never expected it to be chosen for this anthology but the whole book was along the same lines about thought provoking events.

After that, Anita, Ruby, Jeff, Joanne and myself went across the way to enjoy the perogies at Loaded Perogies on Colbourne St.  Very good food and lots of choices available but with perogies.  The place was clean and the staff efficient and friendly.

I hoped on the bus and used my Presto pass to get me home.  I forgot to tell the gals that the venue is not accessible.  I felt very bad about that as two of them brought their walkers and had to carry them up the stairs.  That is why I used my cane, as I knew I was getting a ride both ways.

The next nice event was our little group going to the club to eat on the patio. The weather held off nicely until we were all safely home.  We were most fortunate.  Everybody enjoyed themselves from what I learned later.  I had my camera with me but forgot to take pictures......


Other than that, not much else has been going on.  I went to get some groceries at Fresh Nations and hoped to get six more library  books but the library was closed  for staff development day. 

I went back today and got seven more books so I should be okay for a while.  I felt like an orphan without any large print books at home.  I sure appreciate the library!!!!!

I have some medical things to get done within the next week or two but nothing too drastic at all.

Thanks for dropping by.

Here are some pictures from the book launch.  Jennifer took them.

George Down - Editor in Chief   talking about the many front page designs of artist and poet Susan A.J. Davis

Me, holding my copy of the anthology

It was a nice event and many poets from elsewhere, not just Canada, can send in their work.  It costs nothing to send in except for the postage.  One can send in 4 poems for each issue.  They may, or may not, be chosen.



A Toronto poet - it was lovely to meet her.

No comments: